Upper Sandusky Reservation

The Upper Sandusky Reservation was home to many of the Wyandot from 1818–1842. It was the last Native American reservation in Ohio when it was dissolved, and was also the largest Native American reservation in Ohio, although up until 1817 most of Northwest Ohio had not been ceded to the United States government.[1] The reservation was located at the great bend of the Sandusky River.

References

  1. ^ Atlas of Great Lakes Indian History, edited by Helen Hornbeck Tanner, cartography by Miklos Pinther. University of Oklahoma Press (1987)ISBN 0-8061-1515-7, pg.165

Coordinates:40°52′N 83°15′W / 40.867°N 83.250°W / 40.867; -83.250

Media files used on this page

Flag of Ohio.svg
The flag of the U.S. state of Ohio, officially known as the "Ohio Burgee"