|17:52, 8 September 2022 UTC−05:00|
|75 degrees W|
UTC−05:00 is an identifier for a time offset from UTC of −05:00. In North America, it is observed in the Eastern Time Zone during standard time, and in the Central Time Zone during the other eight months (see Daylight saving time). The western Caribbean uses it year round.
As standard time (Northern Hemisphere winter)
- Canada (Eastern Time Zone)
- United States (Eastern Time Zone)
- District of Columbia
- Entire state except the counties of Bay, Calhoun, Escambia, Holmes, Jackson, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, Walton, and Washington, and northern Gulf county (panhandle)
- Except the western counties of Dickinson, Gogebic, Iron and Menominee
- New England (states of Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont)
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
- United Kingdom
As daylight saving time (Northern Hemisphere summer)
- Canada (Central Time Zone)
- United States (Central Time Zone)
- Entire state except westernmost counties
- The western counties of Dickinson, Gogebic, Iron and Menominee
- Central and eastern Nebraska
- North Dakota
- Entire state except southwest
- Entire state except Kenton
- South Dakota
- Eastern half
- All except westernmost counties
As standard time (year-round)
- Colombia – Time in Colombia
- Ecuador – Time in Ecuador (except Galápagos Islands)
- Peru – Time in Peru
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Canada – Eastern Time Zone
As daylight saving time (Southern Hemisphere summer)
- "Ontario Time Zone – Ontario Current Local Time – Daylight Saving Time". TimeTemperature.com. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- "Time Zones of the United States". Statoids. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- "Time zone map (spring)" (PDF). Indiana State. 13 March 2011. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "Michigan Time Zone – Michigan Current Local Time – Daylight Saving Time". TimeTemperature.com. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- "Hora Oficial en los Estados Unidos Mexicanos" (in Spanish). Centro Nacional de Metrologîa. 11 November 2010. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "Kentucky County Map". Kentucky Map Collection. Geology.com. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- "Tennessee County Map". Tennessee Map Collection. Geology.com. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- "Brazil: Acre and parts of Amazonas switch time zones". Time and Date. 31 October 2013 [9 October 2013]. Retrieved 17 November 2013.
- "Navassa Island". WorldTimeZone. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- Media related to UTC−05:00 at Wikimedia Commons
Media files used on this page
Please, don't overwrite the original image with a "grayed" version. A separate gray version is available.
Copy of Timezones2008.png highlighting UTC-6
- Dark Blue - UTC-6 during Northern Winter / Southern Summer
- Orange - UTC-6 during Northern Summer / Southern Winter
- Yellow - UTC-6 all year round
- Light Blue - UTC-6 sea areas
World map of time zones as of 2008, on the Miller Cylindrical Projection and with highlighted UTC-5 zone.
- Yellow - UTC-5 all year round
- Dark Blue - UTC-5 during Northern Winter
- Orange - UTC-5 during Northern Summer
Current time zones in Indiana by county