Perspectives Charter Schools
In 1993, Day and Shulla-Cose established their own small school within Dyett. They chose the name "Perspectives" to reflect their hope of changing the way their students saw themselves and the world. In 1997, Perspectives became one of the first charter schools in Illinois.
The school moved several times over the years and was expanded into a network of schools, serving both elementary and high school students. The five current Perspectives schools are as follows:
- The Rodney D. Joslin Campus, which is housed in a building designed by Perkins+Will
- Perspectives Middle Academy
- Perspectives High School of Technology
- Perspectives Leadership Academy
- Perspectives/IIT Math & Science Academy
Professional basketball player Anthony Davis attended the Joslin campus.
- Kate N. Grossman. "When it comes to charter schools, copying is allowed". Chicago Sun-Times. September 5, 2006. 13.
- Marvin Martin. "Schools offer a new perspective in alternative program". Chicago Tribune. November 20, 1994. 15.
- Andrew Wang. "Rodney Joslin: 1944-2008". Chicago Tribune. January 31, 2008. 2C9.
- Campuses. Perspectives Charter Schools. Retrieved on March 28, 2012.
- Roger Yee. Educational Environments. Visual Reference Publications, 2007. 170.
- Jeff Vorva. "National signing day: Perspectives-Joslin's Anthony Davis signs with Kentucky". Chicago Tribune. November 10, 2010. Retrieved on March 28, 2012.