National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration for COVID-19
|Leader||V. K. Paul|
National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration for COVID-19 (NEGVAC) is an expert committee constituted by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), India to provide advice and guidance on all aspects of COVID-19 vaccination. The committee is also responsible for prioritisation of population groups in the country, deciding procurement and inventory management procedure, selection and delivery of vaccines etc.
NEGVAC was constituted in mid-2020 and first met on 12 August 2020. is chaired by member (Health), NITI Aayog, and co-chaired by the secretary of MoHFW. The committee has representative secretaries from:
- Vinod Kumar Paul
- Department of Expenditure
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Health Research
- Department of Pharmaceuticals
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Members representing five state governments
- Technical experts
Members include Samiran Panda, head of the Epidemiology and Communicable Diseases division in ICMR.
- "High Level Committee for Distribution and Administration of COVID-19 Vaccines". pib.gov.in. Retrieved 19 May 2021.
- Das, Sohini (2020-08-17). "National Expert Group meets Covid-19 vaccine makers to discuss road ahead". Business Standard India. Retrieved 19 May 2021.
- "National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration for COVID-19 deliberates on strategy to ensure COVID-19 vaccines' availability and its delivery mechanism". pib.gov.in. Retrieved 19 May 2021.
- "National Expert Group On Vaccine Administration Working On Management Of COVID-19 Vaccine Roll-Out: Government | News". NDTV-Dettol Banega Swasth Swachh India. 2020-12-09. Retrieved 19 May 2021.
- Sharma, Neetu Chandra (2021-03-08). "'Govt to tailor jab strategy as per emerging evidence'". mint. Retrieved 2021-06-03.