Malaysia Agro Exposition Park Serdang
The Malaysia Agro Exposition Park Serdang (MAEPS; Malay: Taman Ekspo Pertanian Malaysia Serdang) is an agro park in Sepang District, Selangor, Malaysia. It is the largest agro park in Malaysia and Asia. It was created under an initiative by the Malaysian Ministry of Agriculture to be a venue for meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions (MICE), especially for those catering towards the agriculture, horticulture and agrotourism field.
Geography and facilities
MAEPS is situated to the south of the Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute. It is accessible via the South Klang Valley Expressway.
The convention centre has four halls (Halls A to D), which are situated on 368 acres (149 hectares) of land. The buildings and outdoor spaces were designed to bring out the best of the surrounding landscape.
The Malaysia Agriculture, Horticulture and Agrotourism Show (MAHA) is held here once every two years. The last was held in 2018.
During the COVID-19 pandemic in Malaysia, MAEPS was converted into makeshift hospital to treat the infected patients. The hospital location is called the COVID-19 Quarantine and Low-Risk Treatment Centre. MAEPS is expected to receive its first patient with low risk one week after its conversion process is complete. It has started to operation since 23 April with 12 patients.
- 11–23 August 2008: Malaysia Agriculture, Horticulture and Agrotourism Show (MAHA 2008)
- Export Furniture Exhibition, 2009
- 29 November - 12 December 2010: Malaysia Agriculture, Horticulture and Agrotourism Show (MAHA 2010)
- Malaysia Agriculture, Horticulture & Agrotourism International Show, 2012
- Malaysia International Tourism Exchange, 2012
- Karnival & Ekspo Kemahiran Kebangsaan, 2013
- Urbanscapes 2013
- Lookout Tower
- Exhibition Hall
- VIP Room
- Conference Room
- LED Screen
- Ample parking space
- Ticketing Counter
- Information Centre
- Khairulrijal, Rahmat (4 April 2020). "Covid-19: Maeps transformed into massive makeshift hospital". New Straits Times. Archived from the original on 10 April 2020. Retrieved 11 April 2020.
- Razali, Safeek Affendy (27 February 2021). "Bus ferrying Covid-19 patients crashes into UPM toll plaza | New Straits Times". NST Online. Retrieved 28 February 2021.
- "Pusat Kuarantin di MAEPS terima pesakit, minggu depan". Berita Harian. Bernama. 10 April 2020. Archived from the original on 20 May 2020. Retrieved 11 April 2020.
- "COVID-19: 12 pesakit mula terima waratan di MAEPS". Sinar Harian. Bernama. 24 April 2020. Archived from the original on 1 June 2020. Retrieved 28 June 2020.
Media files used on this page
This illustration, created at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), reveals ultrastructural morphology exhibited by coronaviruses. Note the spikes that adorn the outer surface of the virus, which impart the look of a corona surrounding the virion, when viewed electron microscopically. A novel coronavirus, named Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), was identified as the cause of an outbreak of respiratory illness first detected in Wuhan, China in 2019. The illness caused by this virus has been named coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).