Kemayoran Athletes Village
|Kemayoran Athletes Village|
|Architectural style||International Modern|
|Location||Jalan HBR Motik, Kemayoran District, Central Jakarta, Jakarta, Indonesia|
|Construction started||March 2016|
|Owner||Government of Indonesia|
|Design and construction|
|Main contractor||PT. Wijaya Karya and PT. Brantas Abipraya|
Kemayoran Athletes Village (Indonesian: Wisma Atlet Kemayoran) is located in Kemayoran District, Jakarta, Indonesia. The site was developed as the athlete's village for the 2018 Asian Games and 2018 Asian Para Games which was held in Jakarta, built on an area of 10 hectares land, which had 7,424 apartments in 10 towers. Total accommodation capacity of 22,272 at the village exceeded International Olympic Committee standards, which require Olympics hosts to provide rooms for at least 14,000 athletes.
Use as COVID-19 hospital
|Kemayoran Athletes Village Emergency Hospital|
|Opened||23 March 2020|
|Lists||Hospitals in Indonesia|
During the COVID-19 pandemic in Indonesia, 4 towers were converted to emergency field hospitals. On 18 March 2020, the Ministry of Finance announced Kemayoran Athletes Village will be converted to house COVID-19 patients who show only mild symptoms after consultation from doctors. The conversion was officially completed on 23 March. With a capacity of 3,000 beds, it is one of the biggest COVID-19 pandemic field hospitals in the world, being 3 times bigger than Huoshenshan Hospital or 2 times bigger than Leishenshan Hospital, both in Wuhan.
- Aziza, Kurnia Sari; Afrianti, Desy (7 January 2015). "Jelang Asian Games 2018, DKI Akan Bangun Kampung Atlet di Kemayoran". KOMPAS. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- "Govt to build 10 apartment towers for athletes in Kemayoran". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- Indonesia, C. N. N. "Melihat Kapasitas Wisma Atlet, Lokasi Isolasi Pasien Corona". ekonomi (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2020-03-28.
- Widyamurti, Estu. "Gov't Transforms Kemayoran Athlete Village Into Covid-19 Emergency Hospital". setkab.go.id (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2020-03-28.
- Kusuma, Hendra. "Wisma Atlet Kemayoran Jadi Tempat Isolasi Pasien Corona". detikfinance (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2020-03-18.
- "Melihat Kapasitas Wisma Atlet, Lokasi Isolasi Pasien Corona". ekonomi (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2020-03-18.
- "Video: Former Asian Games athletes village turned into COVID-19 hospital". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 2020-03-23.
|Part of a series on|
Media files used on this page
Logo of Olympic Council of Asia