Awang Bulgiba Awang Mahmud
This article needs to be updated.(June 2020)
MBBS MPH MAppStat PhD FFPH FPHMM FAMM FASc
|اوڠ بولڬيب اوڠ مهمود|
Awang Bulgiba bin Awang Mahmud
|Known for||Studies and opinions on COVID-19 in Malaysia.|
|Institutions||University of Malaya|
Awang Bulgiba is the first Malaysian doctor to be awarded a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Health Information. Prof. Awang Bulgiba is also the first to hold four educational fellowships at the UK Faculty of Public Health, Malaysian Public Health Medicine, the Malaysian Academy of Medicine and the Academy of Sciences. He also holds the position of Secretary-General of the Malaysian Academy of Sciences and President of the Asia-Pacific Public Health Consortium.
During the COVID-19 pandemic in Malaysia, Awang Bulgiba became known on 23 March 2020, by suggesting that the Movement Control Order (MCO) was the best step taken by the government in the fight against COVID-19. He recommended that Malaysia need a minimum of six weeks for the virus containment to work. On April 9, he also said that the MCO should be extended due to the low level of public understanding and compliance of Malaysia in the fight against COVID-19. On April 12, Awang Bulgiba also said that the MCO could be ended if the number of new cases continues to decline and the numbers of recovered exceeds those of new cases.
- "DATUK PROFESSOR DR. AWANG BULGIBA BIN AWANG MAHMUD - MBBS, MPH, MAPPSTAT, PHD, FFPH, FPHMM, FAMM, FASC". UM Memory. Archived from the original on 26 July 2020. Retrieved 23 May 2020.
- "Awang Bulgiba Awang Mahmud". Jabatan Perubatan Sosial dan Pencegahan Universiti Malaya. Archived from the original on 18 February 2018. Retrieved 23 May 2020.
- Zubir Sulaiman (30 March 2020). "PKP perlu dilanjutkan sehingga enam minggu: Dr Awang Bulgiba" (in Malay). Sinar Harian. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- "Lanjut PKP putus rantaian COVID-19" (in Malay). Berita Harian. 9 April 2020. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- Ahmad Suhael Adnan (12 April 2020). "Tamat PKP hanya selepas syarat ideal kes COVID-19 dipatuhi" (in Malay). Berita Harian. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- Mohd Roji Kawi (9 September 2017). "Tun Salahuddin, Allahyarham Tok Nan, bergelar Pehin Sri". Berita Harian (in Malay). Archived from the original on 9 September 2017. Retrieved 23 May 2020.
Media files used on this page
Author/Creator: Mimich, Licence: CC BY-SA 3.0
Commander of the Order of the Star of the Hornbill - Panglima Gemilang Bintang Kenyalang (PGBK)